WEEK IN ST. GEORGE
We went to St. George for the week with Scott and Peggy. A while back Scott texted everyone and told us the days he had off and what him and Peggy were planning on doing and if anyone wanted to join them they could. We took them up on it to spend a little time down in beautiful St. George. I've never really been down there other than stops on drives to Vegas so it was fun to explore that area.
BENJA THAI & SUSHI
Monday night we went to a place called Benja Thai & Sushi. It was scrumptious! I don't think I've ever seen Ruby eat so much. There was a water fall/stream/courtyard right outside that we took Ruby to look at after we were done.
GOLFING AT SKY MOUNTAIN GOLF COURSE
All five of us went golfing together. Nate and Scott were the only ones golfing but Peggy, Ruby and I enjoyed us all being together and the gorgeous scenery. This was my first time (since I was really really young and went with my Grandpa John) to even step foot on a golf course. We rented two golf carts and the boys did 18 holes while us ladies zoomed around in the carts, Ruby loved it. The views we had were absolutely stunning! The Sky Mountain Golf Course is surrounded by Zion National Park and the Pine Valley Mountain Range, it's located in Hurricane, UT.
We stopped by one of Peggy's old friends houses they have in St. George before we went golfing. He wanted her to check it out so that next time they are in town they can stay there. There weren't a lot of bedrooms so I don't think they will ever end up doing that. It was a beautiful house in a beautiful location though!
Ruby met some new friends, little squirrels, that she fed fruit loops to. She kept saying, "come eat say, come eat say." I think she was trying to say squirrel. :)
CHUCK-A-RAMA/JAKE AND KORY ARRIVE
That night we went to Chuck-A-Rama for dinner. Jake and Kory met us there. They left Addalyn at home and came for a fun baby free week! Some of us went and checked out the St. George temple after dinner.
ZION NATIONAL PARK
Wednesday we drove the hour from St. George to Zion National Park! Last time I went there was when I was very young.
MOUNT CARMEL HIGHWAY
We drove the Mount Carmel Highway. It's a 10 mile stretch of highway that has several spots where you can pull off the road for a better view or to take a short hike.
There were two tunnels we went through. The Mount Carmel Tunnel was over 1 mile long.
Some artistic pictures of Pooh Bear in the wild.
SUBWAY FOR LUNCH
I don't think I'll eat a subway sandwich in a more beautiful place again.
Ruby put a zillion Band-Aids on her legs while in the car driving. People probably thought she was an abused child.
ZION SHUTTLE
After lunch we took the Zion Shuttle from the Zion Canyon Visitor Center. It took us up Zion Canyon and made stops at several different trailheads. It was free and you can get on and off the shuttle as many times as you want.
RIVERSIDE WALK & THE VIRGIN RIVER
The shuttle had 9 stops, we didn't get off until the 9th stop which was called the Temple of Sinawava. We walked along a paved trail called Riverside Walk which was an easy peaceful hike along the Virgin River. We stopped there to splash in the freezing water and toss rocks then continued up the trail a little ways but headed back soon after because it was getting dark and cold.
The scenery was unreal. The rocks tower over you, you really can't imagine it unless you are there.
Heading back to St. George. Ruby had stinky feet! We all kept telling her that all day so she had to check to see for herself!
HEADING HOME
Thursday Nate, Ruby and I headed home after eating at Casa Dona Maria Mexican restaurant. Peggy, Scott, Jake and Kory stayed another day or two.
It was a really fun week exploring St. George!
BEAUTIFUL FALL WALK
Fall is in full swing. It is beautiful outside, the leaves are changing and falling and the air is getting crisp. Ruby and I have really enjoyed this beautiful fall weather, it's been really refreshing to go on walks when it's not blistering hot outside!
On this particular walk Ruby was really loving seeing the temple and jumping into piles of leaves.
SUNDAY
TINA'S TALK IN CHURCH
We went to Tina's ward on Sunday because she gave a talk in church. Ruby was all ears seeing and hearing her Aunt Tina speak, it was cute. She was so reverent during the prayer, what a sweetheart.
PUMPKIN CARVING AT TINA'S HOUSE
I made the dream dinner that we were going to eat that night, it included grilling chicken on the grill which meant calling Nate for step by step instructions. It's harder than it looks people!
Tina and Peggy took Ruby with them to help decorate a neighbors doorstep while I did the meal.
A very scary witch.
We carved pumpkins later that night. We went for the classic Jack-O-Lantern face. The best part is cleaning out the guts anyways right? Ruby and I think so!
We cooked the pumpkin seeds then baked them for a snack.
Ruby got a nice bath in Tina's tub.
JAKE AND KORY ARE PREGNANT!
More exciting news from the Hansen Clan! Jake and Kory are pregnant! They sent us all this picture of Addalyn wearing a shirt that says...PRETTY AMAZING SISTER. Addalyn will be such a sweet big sister!
Its so exciting, all three of us girls are pregnant! Kory is due May 16th.
MISC. PICTURES FROM THIS WEEK...
Always helping cook.

















































































































































No comments:
Post a Comment