Monday, February 29, 2016

February 29-March 6 Vegas Convention / Chocolate Factory Tour / Rascal Flatts Concert

VEGAS PAINTING CONVENTION

We stayed at the same place we stayed at last time I went with my Mom when I was pregnant with Ruby. It's called The Grandview at Las Vegas. It's about 10 mins from the strip. We had a king sized bed that Ruby loved to jump on...



...a large tub...


...nice big bathroom, kitchen, and living room area.

The first day of the convention we went to the Tropicana where it was being held and a lady stopped me and told me I couldn't have Ruby in there. So instead of spending the week hanging out at the painting convention with my Mom, Ruby and I spent our days in the hotel we were staying at. 

It was a bummer, but we did enjoy some nice walks...


...the pool...




 ...and we took some nice long naps until my Mom was done with her convention at night.

Since we found out we couldn't be on the trade floor that first day and we were already there, we went out into this garden area where we found some birds to feed crackers to.






My Mom usually shares a booth with Mary and Roy Ellerman. They live in Edmonds, Washington and own a business called R&M What Knots. They normally drive a large van to bring all their stuff plus my Mom's stuff in. They are getting old though and this was going to be their last convention where they had a booth. They will continue to go to the conventions but just not with all their gear. It will be more of a social thing for them. They have become some of my Mom's dearest friends.

Roy and Mary's son, Dave and his wife sometimes come to the conventions to help. Here's Dave, Mary and my Mom in their booth.


Cute Grammie and P-pa.


The booth all set up and ready to go!



And here's one of Roy and my Mom.


We made several trips to the craft store for craft supplies my Mom needed. Ruby had some fun with the letter R on this trip.








My Dad was able to join us for the weekend! We had so much fun!


Some cute shots P-pa got of Ruby.







Ruby loves her P-pa. Here we were eating at Jason's Deli. While we were sitting and eating, Ruby was watching for planes. Every single time one went by she would point and get so excited!


In the parking lot of the Tropicana looking at the Luxor Hotel lights.


One of my Mom's oldest painting friends, Elaina Appleby, was at the convention! She used to live in Port Orchard when I was growing up. My Mom and her taught kid painting classes together and were great friends. She moved to Missouri and I hadn't seen her for years. My Mom and her sometimes see each other at painting conventions and she just so happened to be at this one!

She is THE sweetest lady you will ever meet. She is so warm, loving and easy to talk to. So when we found out she was there we knew we needed to stop by and see her.

She was taking a class the night we were going to say hi but she came out for a second to see us. It wasn't long but it was just enough.

It was so fun to see her! She looks exactly the same as I remember.






Speaking of good friends, my Mom has made several new friends over the years too.

The last time I was at the Las Vegas Convention I met a friend of my Mom's named Betty Shipman. She is the sweetest little lady. She does puff paint art on shirts and other things. We got to go to breakfast with her and Diane Bunker (another good painting friend) before the convention was over.


CHOCOLATE FACTORY TOUR

We got to visit the Ethel M. Chocolates Factory. It had a self guided tour but there wasn't any chocolate making going on when we went.


The chocolate was really good but really expensive. There was a cactus garden in the front that you could stroll around with all different varieties of cactus. Ruby loved all the rocks she found.









































































RASCAL FLATTS CONCERT

My Dad and I have shared a love for country music since I was in high school. We especially love Rascal Flatts. When we found out they were going to have a concert at the Hard Rock Hotel in Vegas while we were there, we knew we had to go!

I was a little reluctant though since Ruby has a hard time when I leave her, and so do I! My Mom was prepared and bought some Dollar Store toys and Ruby's favorite, Chapstick!




Our seats were on the first row of the balcony, they were the perfect seats! We could see really well.

They came out with a new CD that my Dad and I hadn't really listened to so some of the music was unfamiliar to us but they played a really good mix of old and new songs.

It was such a memorable night and the best concert I've ever been to. Thanks Mom and Dad!

When we got back my Mom said Ruby did great! She said she asked about me and got upset a few times but they looked out the window for me and she kept her busy to keep her mind off it.


MORE PICTURES FROM THIS WEEK...

One night we all went and ate at a buffet at one of the casinos. This is Ruby standing outside of it.


I checked to see where Mom was on find my friends one night and thought it was funny because it said she was at Tao Nightclub. haha


Ruby all pretty and ready for the day.



Ruby got some new shades.



A picture I sent Nathan of how dirty Ruby's Pooh Bear was. Apparently while my Dad and I were at the Rascal Flatts concert, Ruby thought Pooh needed some Chapstick too.


Classic Ruby, watching Daniel Tiger while in her carseat, eating a snack.






No comments:

Post a Comment