Monday, July 11, 2016

July 11-17 Ruby's Fillings Appt. / Monk Reunion / We Bought a House!

RUBY'S FILLINGS APPOINTMENT

I don't know if there's anything more nerve racking than putting your child under anesthesia. I know there are plenty things more nerve racking, I am just getting a taste of what being a parent involves. My emotions are so much more intense now that I have a kid!

The anesthesiologist called me the night before to let me now what to expect at the appointment. He told me he would come out and show Ruby a little mask she would wear (the gas mask that puts her to sleep) and let her smell it. He said it smells like strawberries. Then he would take her back, have me stay up front, and let her watch a movie. I knew this was not going to happen, not with Ruby. I told him she would probably start crying the instant he looked at her and that I would need to go back with her just to get her settled so she wouldn't have a freak out. I completely understand they don't want parents back there (I don't like when parents come back with their kids when I'm trying to work on them) but I assured him I wouldn't get in the way and I would leave as soon as she was asleep. He told me we would see how things went but I could come back if she was hesitant.

I was so nervous about this whole ordeal I cried while talking to the anesthesiologist! :(::: It's so hard disconnecting your emotions, all I could think of was the worst thing that could happen! I just had to buck up and be strong!

Her appointment was a Monday morning at 6am! We had to pry her out of bed. We got there and just like I thought, when the anesthesiologist came out to get her she started crying. He let Nate and I bring her back. We had to hold her down while he held the mask over her face. She struggled really hard for about 30 seconds, then went limp. It felt like child abuse honestly! I held it together while we were in the room. As soon as I left though I broke down and bawled. The anesthesiologist said as we were leaving, "you did good Mom, that must have been hard to watch."

Ruby did great though!

They had us sit quietly by her while she woke up. We sat there about 1/2 an hour till the anesthesiologist came over and moved the process of her waking up along by swiping a cold wet paper towel across her forehead.

They gave her a small chapstick for being such a trooper. That made her day.

Nate and I are so thankful everything went well. We love our baby Ruby!





Ruby really wanted to go on a walk when we got back, so we did! Nate held onto her the whole time, it was a beautiful day!


She was back to her old self again by the end of the day. She even helped me with the dishes!

PARK & DUCKS

On a walk with Megan & Summer. We went to the park and checked out the ducks from the bridge.


MONK FAMILY REUNION

Saturday, July 16th we went to the Monk family reunion. It was at a park in Midway called Hamlet Park.




It was fun to see everyone! They had some really good food there. There was pulled pork sandwiches, all kinds of salads, and an assortment of chips and other appetizers.

There were a bunch of games and activities. They passed out bubble wands to all the little kids. Ruby was so excited that she spilled her whole bubble wand all over herself. Good thing I brought an extra change of clothes for her!


They did an auction like they do every time. This year I think the highlight was old pictures in frames of Grandma and Grandpa Monk that Aunt Darlene and her daughter Colleen brought. Several of their kids (Grandma Frei and her siblings) said they had never seen some of the pictures before that day. I would have loved to have one but they got pretty pricey and I didn't have cash.



Dallas and Darlene Painter.



Charlie Monk on the right.



Aunt Darlene's daughter, Colleen Brown.


Jan Asay and Maddie (Diane Busteed's daughter) and her husband Tate Weller.



Ethel King, Uncle Lynn, Aunt Tammy, and Jamie Frei.



Alan King.


Lindsey and Karen Langford.




Dan and Mary Gulbransen.


Diane Busteed.




L. Jay Monk, Ethel King, Gen Frei, David Nicholls Monk, Darlene Painter, Mary Beth Gulbransen.




Colleen Brown and Uncle Dallas.





















ETHEL & ALAN KING'S HOUSE

For Ruby's nap, and since it was blistering hot outside, Ashley and I went to Ethel and Alan's house to get some rest. They live around the corner from the park where the reunion was being held. They just bought this house about 2 years ago and have their son, Troy, living with them. 

There is a horse that roams in a field behind them that is their neighbor's. Uncle Alan gave Maile and Ruby some carrots to feed it.




GRANDMA FREI'S HOUSE

Sunday we went to Grandma Frei's house. Rebecca Frei has been living with Grandma and Randy. She will be there for all of July and August and then she will be off to do BYU Study Abroad in Jeruselem for 4 months. She gets back in December.

Ruby fell in love with a wandering grey cat at Grandma's. She followed it around and loved petting it. It was a very friendly cat.







Ruby loves her Auntie Aubrey.

WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!

Nathan and I had been talking about buying a house since we found out we were pregnant. We put the idea off for a little thinking we wouldn't be able to get another mortgage since we wanted to rent out our townhouse instead of sell it. When we found out we were approved to get another loan we got busy looking. We looked for several months and quickly found a home we loved.



It's in South Jordan right below the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. We love the area because it's really close to a lot of shopping (Target and Costco) and good food places.


The first time we looked through the house we both loved how much room there was and how well built it looked. I personally loved the upstairs the most. It's very open and has a fireplace. It's a great area to have a bunch of people hang out.

We wanted a little yard but not too big. This house has the perfect amount of yard for Ruby to run and play in. We can even put a small play set back there if we want to.

Another thing that sold me was the pantry! IT IS GIGANTIC! I have never had a pantry so this was on the top of my list while looking for houses. Nate needed a house that had a good area for his office. We decided the whole downstairs would be perfect for that. We don't get to move in till the end of August but we are very excited new homeowners!

The address is 3883 W. Nipoma Dune Drive
South Jordan, UT 84009

There is a little door upstairs that leads to a closet that Ruby has claimed. It's just her size.




MORE PHOTOS FROM THIS WEEK...


This baby took Mommy's lipstick and swiped it across her eye.




Lunch at the Red Butte Cafe with my work crew for Gun hee's last day. L to R: Tio Whitehorse, Gun hee, Sadie Smoot and Jamie Yoo.



Mom helping me with my sharing time lesson about the Word of Wisdom. 


No comments:

Post a Comment